It really wasn't all that long ago that I blogged about how I've started drinking pretty regularly. Here's the thing, today is my 2nd anniversary of being nuptially... responsible? Anyway, I felt that was a perfect excuse for a drink while cooking dinner! The Disaronno is always calling my name and a brand new, never opened bottle of Prosecco was hiding ever-so-quietly behind it. Except I'm a virgin when it comes to opening bottles of bubbly. Mr. G or my dad are the designated bottle openers when it comes to this stuff. So I turned to my good friend, Devon, at
The Food Bitch Blog to walk me though the scary process. Because I looked like this...
all hippy mom and shit (complete with 7th Generation cleaning products because I'ma freak), and because I have one of these...
...enter insane toddler, I didn't want any bottles going all T.I. & poppin' in the direction of my children. The ever so kind Ted Allen walked me through the process, and I, of course, saw an opportunity to be 15 and make dirty jokes.
Oh look! My bottle has a ... Well, you get my drift.
After holding my breath in anticipation, I popped the shit of that bottle. I may have even squealed in delight! Who am I kidding, I squealed. And giggled. Like a school girl. ME!? At the thought of alcohol. WHO AM I?
No comments:
Post a Comment