Friday, May 27, 2011

When things get rough

Times in our house these days are not exceptionally easy. I will say that God is testing my family and we are struggling to find the reason why. Oddly enough, the last episode of Oprah and her inspiring words helped me to realize certain things:

I am responsible for my own life and the actions I take. More often then not my actions dictate the path my life will take. I do believe in fate and a higher power but they cannot take the blame for everything - both good and bad. By living we help fate along but are ultimately responsible for the actions and decisions we make.

I am WORTHY. I can have whatever I want by making the right decisions & Godly decisions. I can do anything through Him if I have the passion. As Oprah said, I am here on this earth & that alone is enough.

I need to stop regretting the past - everything I have done and have not done. The past is in the past for a reason. I need to take my lessons, learn from them and move on.

I need to listen. I'm a great talker. I can tell stories, but it isn't often I truly sit down and listen. I don't listen to my family ( who only try to help me). I don't listen to God who I am sure is throwing signs in my direction. I am oblivious to life. Which leads me to the next topic:

Being aware of what my life is whispering to me. What am I passionate about? Am I getting the most out of my life? Am I taking every opportunity that has been handed to me and running with it to it's full potential?


There is no day like the present to make positive changes in your life. So here goes nothing :o)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...