Sunday, May 8, 2011

Today.

We know we'll have a baby. And we're going to have the baby we're supposed to have. Whatever baby we end up having will be the right baby. Our baby. And we know that we'll hold that child and think, 'If our journey had been easy, we wouldn't have you - Baby Proof, Emily Giffin.

For a long time I would read this quote over and over. The time before I was a mother. The time I was told that becoming a mother was far beyond my reach. The time when I'd sit in bed, curled in the fetal position from the pain in my uterus and the pain in my heart. Now I read this quote and feel my heart flutter & melt as I think of my little girl.

On 11/17/2010 I joined the elite Mommy Club. Layla Grace 7lbs 12oz 21in of perfection.


Being a mommy isn't always the easiest job or the most glamorous, but it is the best job. I'll take baby snuggles, sloppy kisses & hour long nursing sessions over expensive gifts every day. I've been given the gift of life & for that, I am forever and eternally grateful.


She is my world. My life. My everything.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...