Monday, September 5, 2011

Tit for tat

Layla is napping which means I should be packing. Today we are moving into my parents house. Mr G is in Toronto to go over everything and will be back Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'm home with the muffin and figured I might as well make my mother feed us.

But blogging is way more fun than packing.

So, Mr G and I do this tit (get your mind out of the gutter) for tat thing in our house. It goes a little something like this:

Me: "Ugh. Will you clean up from dinner? I already did laundry & put it all away, the baby was so fussy today that I didn't get a chance to sit down. Then I had to go into work. I cooked dinner. PLEASE can you just clean up?"
Mr G: "I worked, too."
Me: "Really......?" [insert side evil eye here]

Me: "Babe, can you be on baby duty tonight? I'm exhausted and she was up three times last night."
Mr G: "I work in the morning."
Me: "So do I......." [insert me holding back from kicking husband in the balls]

I'm not saying that Mr G doesn't every help because he really does, but only after he tells me how hard he's worked all day. I can appreciate that, considering that 15 hours per week (sometimes more) I work as well, but I do about 98% of the household chores and 95% of baby-duty. So, it's always a tit for tat on who does more. I know I'm not alone in this!

Things will change soon, though. I have no problem doing all of the work in the home when I don't have to work outside the home, but I do think hubbies should pitch in when their wives work. It's only fair, guys!

Or the least you could do is bring the woman chocolate and flowers once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...