10 months. Wow. Rolling off my tongue so naturally, and yet it sounds so surreal. People ask, "How old is she?" "10 months," and I smile proudly while thinking to myself where has time gone. And I will continue asking myself that every week of every month of every year probably for the rest of our lives.
So much has happened in the last few weeks. My last L2L was in Toronto. Since then we've been home and so many things have happened (too much to go through. lol), but let's focus on you, Layla.
You are now two months from your first birthday and finally have your two bottom teeth! You took your first trip to the ER for a bump on the chin. While crawling around you fell and I believe hit the grout line on the tile & resulted in a 2-3mm gash. Tough cookie that you are, you giggled the entire care ride to the hospital and slept through the nurses putting Dermabond on your chin. You're going to Boston for the day next Sunday - so far Dad and I have an awesome day planned! & we are extremely excited.
You throw mild tantrums now. When I put you on the floor to make a bottle and you want to be held you flatten yourself out and kick and scream. I try to ignore you but it's really hard not to laugh.
Last night you slept for NINE hours STRAIGHT! I have no idea where you pulled that from but I just want to say THANK YOU! After having the stomach flu for three days, I really needed that rest. Thank goodness I'm still producing a little bit of milk and you were able to reap the benefits & won't get sick.
You're a total pro now at clapping, and waving bye bye. You say mama, dada, baba and just talk the day away. You point at anything you want & express yourself much like a toddler already. You're still crawling like a pro & now pulling yourself up on EVERYTHING. Makes for taking photos of you a wee bit difficult :)
I'm very proud at what a smart, outgoing, adventurous & silly little girl you are. Just know that even though time ticks by faster then we'll ever realize, I'm always watching over you and remembering all the small little details that make you... YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment