Friday, December 30, 2011

One year of blogging.

I've started a few blogs since the craze hit the interwebz years ago. They all seemed to last about a nano-second before I lost interest, developed writers block, or just ended up not giving a flying you-know-what. This one is different. Maybe because it's based around the coolest (and cutest) little girl I know? Or, maybe because I've found it as an outlet to describe who I am as a mother & who I want to become as a person.

Being a mother (becoming a mother) is about as defining as anything could be. There is a light blub that goes off in your head the first time you hold you little bundle in your arms, and all of a sudden, you 'get it'. You understand what your own mother was talking about. But trying to navigate around your new role in tricky (despite the ever-present light bulb). Each moment is a learning experience. Each hiccup, every cry - being a mother is about growing as a person.

This blog has allowed me to learn, share, & grow. I can go back to posts and read them and see if my perspective has changed. If what I thought 12 months ago still holds true now - and for the most part, it does.

The most amazing thing is seeing how much Layla has grown. How much she has become a little girl and not so much a baby. She has attitude for days, a voice, and a love for music that is so big everyone in her life can tell she will eventually live for it (I tend to think she already does). To know that I am responsible for molding this child, for providing for her, and enriching her life is fullfilling and downright scary.

To write is to continute to document her life, so in 10 or 15 years I can come back to this tiny blog in the corner of the internet and show her that I'm not perfect, that I was still learning...... and that she teaches ME.

2 comments:

  1. awe, I got teary eyed at the end of this

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little time I have spent with Layla shows me what a truly wonderful parent you have been. She is such a happy girl! You should be proud of yourself mama.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...