Saturday, December 31, 2011

Burrrr...?

Some days - especially during the winter - I long for the chill in the air that makes your lips chapped and your body shiver. I crave snow. Waking up to a yard full of pure, untouched power that blankets the Earth (& the crunch that goes with it). Hot chocolate. Fire places. Hats. Gloves. Boots. Generally speaking, I miss the damn miserable cold.

Don't ask me to explain to you WHY exactly I'd want to leave SoFla's 75* breezy winters for Long Island's overcast 32*. I can't explain it, but my mind is easily changed - for an afternoon, anyway.

Simply speaking, Mr G and I live in paradise. Yes, yes ... We live where sorry northerners come to vacation. And on this fine new years eve we took full advantage and went downtown.

With the smell of sunscreen in the air, we dipped our feet into the chilly (no, really, it was. I swear) ocean water and had pizza and ice cream outside... In shorts. And t-shirts. And sandals. On new years eve. In 75+* weather ... Wait, someone remind me why I crave the cold? Oh, yeah - because by May it'll be 16647* and we'll be melting, so even the tiniest reprieve is welcome.

Anyway, there is something about the smell of sunscreen... Just as much as there is when it's about to snow. The promise that comfort and familiarity are always around.

Sorry pictures are all at the end. Blogging in bed from my phone ;)

Happy New Year! May 2012 bring dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...