Layla has been having a few visits from the teething monster these days. Poor kid. Nothing seemed to be working for her. We tried toys, but she'd quickly lose interest. The Gerber cookies for toddlers are great, but we have to hold the cookie and watch her as she bites it. And frozen wash clothes work for a bit. So, we tried something else ...
Yes. That is a bagel. A frozen, semi-stale bagel. Chocking hazard = minimal. Grip for baby = perfect. Baby's love for bagel = HUGE. Since she obviously has no teeth (yet), she cannot break through the hard crust on this wonderful self-made teether, which means I can hand over the easy to hold carbohydrate and go about my business. It's wonderful and she LOVESSSSSSSSSSSS it. All she is doing is sucking and gnawing on the damn thing (not actually eating it - HELLO, no teeth), so the amount of gluten or sugar she is getting is probably slim to none. These bagels happen to be from a local deli, but I do believe Lenders makes a similar size bagel that you can find at your closest grocery store. I promise you, after this ... the teething monster will have gone bye-bye.
And because no blog post is complete without some ridiculously cute picture, I bring you this:
No comments:
Post a Comment