Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I like to read.

Before I was a mommy I enjoyed reading. I'd stay up till the wee hours of the night, sitting up in bed by the light of my cell phone losing myself in whatever book I had. Its been a few months since I've been able to sit down and read, but last week I grabbed The Nanny Returns to get back into my grove. It was a really easy read and the sequel to The Nanny Diaries. Not bad, though, the ending was sort of flat. Anyway, this post is about this book:


The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Let me just say that I have never read a book that has left such a profound feeling in my heart. The story is told from a dogs perspective. It's about his family, his life .. his people. As I read each sentence I can see his mannerisms in my mind; you know, those typical of the family dog. Stein offers such a heartwarming and bittersweet story about human strength and the impact animals have on ours lives. Truly an amazing read for dog lovers (and non-dog lovers alike).

I'm serious. If you enjoy a good book every now and then.. grab this one, a cup of hot chocolate and lose yourself into the world the Stein creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...