Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Is this thing on?



First let me apologize for the state of this blog. It's fugly. I figured I'd post first before spending 12 hours deciding on which free blog design to use (only to finally decide and spend another 12 hours trying to figure out how the F to use it).

So, here you are - welcome to my blog. Hopefully this won't be a fail like the three before it. Yeah, I said three. This time is different, though. I swear. First, I'm not working at 5am every morning only to come home at 3pm and pass out on the couch till 7. This time I have pure motivation to update.

Meet Layla Grace. She was born November 17th, 2010. 7lbs 12oz 21in. This blog is about us, er ... her and everything that she has given us; including lack of sleep, 9 extra lbs (I consider myself lucky in this department), a totally unorganized house and all the love, joy and amazement a parent can/could have. She's the cheese to my macaroni.

Funny thing? Doctor after doctor told my husband and I we'd never have her. Ever. Thank you Endometriosis! Yes, that's right. Layla is our little Grace of God (hence her middle name). She's our little pre-wedding surprise (Hi, I was 30 weeks pregnant [aka 7 months] on my wedding day and I looked damn good. DAMN good!). We got our big fat positive one week to the day that we visited a Reproductive Endocrinologist who told us that conceiving naturally was not only dangerous (I'll explain why another time), but highly highly unlikely. I won't go too far into detail, as that's a whole other post, but let's just say little miss L is a pooping, crying, boobie milk loving miracle.

So, this is her blog. Welcome. I'm off to change a diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...