As much as I'd LOVE to dump everything going on into one post, I'll refrain. Instead, I'm going to concentrate on the fact that my daughter only has eyes for her father. W. T. F.
Since Mr G has been working from home, Layla has been, dare I say... obnoxiously, attached to him. When I say attached I mean he cannot walk out of the room without Layla having a full on meltdown. Cute? Yeah, for maybe the first ten minutes. Now... obnoxious. Why? Because SHE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME.
Let me set the scene:
Child in high chair for dinner. Dad sitting on opposite end of table. Child pointing to dad screaming, "DADDY" until child is let out of high chair (usually by dad) so she can sit on dad's lap. Why she wants nothing to do with me? Because I'm the one saying, "Get over it and eat your mushrooms." Cue bad guy status. Never thought THAT'D happen.
To make matters worse, Layla will walk into a room, point at me and say, "Daddy!" I'll tell her, "NO, I'm Mommy". To which she replies, "Daddy!" and then laughs. My 16 month old is mocking me, I'm pretty sure.
One day we'll look back on her antics and find them hilarious. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment