Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Letters to Layla

My little Layla Grace,

You are nine months today! Last month in single digits. How amazing to be able to watch you grow into such a little lady.

We are in Toronto right now and you are loving it here. You can sit outside in grass that doesn't itch (what a novel idea!), you are eating lots of new foods (Farley banana cookies!), and love your cousins (Kristina, Philip & you get to meet Shayana tomorrow!). There is so much for you to do here. Today daddy and I are going to bring you into the city for lunch and shopping at Roots. Saturday we're going to a play called Center Island - it'll be your first ferry boat ride!

In the last month you have grown up so much. Your personality is shining. Family here have commented on how demanding you are. Just know you got that trait from your mother :) You are also by far the most adaptable child I've ever met. You came into your great-aunt and uncle's house and basically made it your own.

You're about 95% weaned now which makes my heart hurt a little bit. Sometimes I'm not sure what is best for you and that scares me. It's my job to protect you and keep you healthy and I'm not always sure what to do. That's part of learning and growing, though. Life is not (and should not) be about knowing what to do every time, each time. Life is about growing and learning and Mommy often has to remind her self of that.

Happy 9 months, my princess! You are the best teacher I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...