Another blog I read, The Heir to Blair, hosted a Flashback Friday today. Sitting here I decided just the picture I was going to post. I knew EXACTLY the one. The picture from circa 1988 where I was dressed as a witch complete with green face makeup sitting on my grandmother's next-door neighbor Gracie's stoop eating a vanilla dixie cup from the ice cream guy named Wes who gave my mother vanilla dixie cups, which means he has to be from sometime during B.C. The picture is TOTALLY fitting because I was singing Defy Gravity from Wicked all.day.today (which is only like the coolest Bway play. Ever). Then I realize that the picture was in Layla's room. Layla is sleeping, so no cool witch picture - however, I bring you this gem:
Let me set the scene: This is my sister and I in NYC Christmas 2007. We stopped at the Palace Hotel from some of the best hot chocolate (can be found in the lobby) on the block. We didn't realize that Gossip Girl filmed a lot of exterior shots in the hotel's courtyard. As I walked out into the courtyard and started looking around, I turned to my sister who was still inside and screamed, "Victoria, come out here!" Before I could even finish my sentence, she screams back, "OMG, I know exactly what you are going to say!" Then we both screamed and giggled like little schools girls and galavanted around the courtyard pretending to be Blair and Serena because we are COOL LIKE THAT.
And because I love her to death, here is Victoria galavanting and clapping her hands in pure, utter excitement.
P.s. The ice cream guy named Wes is still driving around his ice cream truck serving vanilla dixie cups at the ripe old age of 102. Well, more like upper 70's, but who's counting?


No comments:
Post a Comment