Apparently this is a common problem among women and their husbands when a new baby comes to town; another thing people forget to tell you. Your all consumed with this little baby who needs you 24/7 that you forget about your husband, you also forget about yourself, but you're too tired to care. Beware - your hubby is bound to feel shafted at some point. I speak from experience.
So these last few days I was taking care of Mr G, LG and somewhere in there myself. Not easy when little Layla refuses to sleep (she was up for 12 hours straight on Sunday. I like to think she is a baby genius and just doesn't want to miss anything). Now it's Tuesday and Mr G is feeling a little less neglected - this is only after a few arguments, me feeling entitled, him feeling like I don't love him and a hysterical baby - and now I'm stuck inside cleaning a house that looks like a bomb hit it. OY. Yes, I said OY.
In other news: Layla's baptism is this coming Saturday! I'm boob deep in planning and so far everything is really coming together. We're so excited. My older sister is also coming in on the 17th, so she'll finally get to meet L and ... on the 19th I go back to work. Only for four hours, but I have to get up on a Saturday for the first time since October and go to work. I really really really don't want to but my job has some wicked benefits (like $250 round trip tickets to Rome :D) and Mr G will be starting a new job soon that doesn't have health insurance for the first few months. Once he starts we'll reevaluate and I'll drop down from 32 hours to 15, which means I'll be home 5 out of the 7 day week. That's not bad, right? Than I get to keep my $300 round trip tickets to Australia. I know you're jealous :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment