Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Letters to Layla. 1/2 a year

As I sit here listening to music that reminds me of you, I think back to the day you were born. Ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes. Your entire hand wrap around my finger for the first time and I was hooked. I whispered gently into your ear that I'd never let anything hurt you, that'd I'd always be there for you - that my sun rises and sets for you. I promised to be the best mommy I could be.

In the last six months we've had ups and downs. We slowly learned how each other works. I know what scares you before it does, what hurts you before it has a chance & what makes you smile when there are never-ending tears in your eyes. I love that you smile as soon as you see my face & laugh when daddy plays peek-a-boo with his hat when he wears one. You love your cousins and already look up to them. You're learning to sit up like a big girl and eating oatmeal, sweet potatoes and peas (though, like your daddy, you're not a big fan of peas). You are basically smiles 24/7. Everyone always comments on what a happy, good baby you are. You're still a champion nurser and at night when the moon is up and our room is dark and I'm putting you to sleep, it's my favorite time. I breathe every bit of you in and stare in awe and disbelief that I get to actually keep you forever.

Daddy and I will always be here for you, Layla Grace. We will be here in the good and the bad, the hard and the easy. The moment we saw you and held you we knew that our lives would never be the same. You have changed us for the better & for that I am eternally grateful.

Happy 6 months to the most amazingly little girl I've ever known.


LG, daddy & mommy out for mommy's 27th birthday.


Blue steel!


I got this!


Smoosh. I <3 you, L double G!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...